Friday, 22 August 2008

Harvest Season

While Lije was bouncing away merrily, I took a look round the part finished garden and found that the year has moved on. The signs of the season were all around me.

We have apples growing on next door's tree, but leaning into our garden - yum.


We have wheat, ripening in our compost heap, no doubt leftovers from mucking out the chickens have grown.


We have blackberries in our jungle behind the chicken coop - yum yum.


Well, I picked some apples, (left the wheat) and collected some blackberries to make a crumble. I prepared the fruit and put it in the oven for stewing, in prep for the next stage of the crumble. I then forgot about the fruit in the oven and burnt it to a cinder.

Maybe I will try again tomorrow - at least the ingredients were free.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

OW! And you really had my mouthwatering there. I love blackberries

Lesley-Ann said...

what lovely photo's. Autumn is here before summer!

Lesley-Ann said...

what great photos we have apples coming out of our ears too. We are apple crumbled out!