Sunday, 1 June 2008

"Tiny tots tea-time toy time..."

It is a delightful development to discover ones child playing happily by himself, without any encouragement, and without needing your presence to keep him out of trouble. I caught Lije "engineering" no less with brio (or compatible) train track. "How very George Stephenson of him" I thought.

I decided to record the moment of blissful quiet with a few photos.


End result of photos was that I disturbed the child. A few moments later he followed me back and is now sitting under my computer desk chilling out like "his-nibbs" himself.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Yeah, disturbing kids when they're playing can be dangerous. I once let Hannah and Ben stay in their pyjama's the whole day because they were playing together so nicely and I didn't want to disturb the status quo. We were getting ready to move and I had lots to do. Still nice to know that Lije is a chill-out babe like you were!
Love to everyone

Anonymous said...

You must be joking. Lije is no chill out kid I am sorry to say. His bouts of chilled-ness are few and far between, I happened to catch the rare moments all on one day.

The norm is ruff, tuff, rumbuncious pull all his books on shelves and throw things down the stairs. Well sometimes.